Thursday, September 30, 2010

Miracle Soup Day 29

It's our second to last day, and I'd like to expand a bit on the topic of *evidence of miracles*.

We've already talked about how SEEING evidence makes evidence come.

It's a very simple cause-and-effect pattern:

Looking for small miracles makes you see them.
Seeing small miracles draws more to you.
Magnetizing small miracles makes you believe in them.
Believing in small miracles makes you see big miracles.
Seeing big miracles draws more to you.

We've talked about "signs" as a mode of evidence to help gather more and more miracles every day. Signs may be:

- Hunches
- Curiosities
- Synchronicities
- Repetitive elements
- Messages, hidden or obvious
- The right things happening in the right time
- Unexpected gifts that answer prayers and much more!

Another way to invite more evidence of miracles into your life is to use oracles.

There are people who regularly consult psychics and tarot card readers to gain insight, information, and answers to questions.
Even if you've never visited a psychic or fortune teller, you're probably seen of many oracles. Go to almost any bookstore or stationery shop and you'll see a whole palette of divination decks, as well as books that detail many ancient oracle traditions such as the I Ching, Druidry, and Tarot. And no matter how skeptical you are, you've probably engaged in fortune cookie reading at some point in your life. Oracles are all around us.

Here's a bit about my personal history with oracles.

I grew up with a very pragmatic father and in my adolescence and young adulthood sort of rolled my eyes when people talked about Tarot cards or believed horoscopes or fortune cookies. I had a real resistance to “new age” friends - I thought they were goofy, silly, and way too out there for me. I had a friend who loved to throw I Ching - which is a very old Eastern oracle and she convinced me to try it out. I remember when we asked a series of questions and got the answer, what hit me was not that the oracle was psychic, but that the responses elicited thinking in me from new directions.

I came away with some new understanding from that experience, and I realized that the new information hadn't come from the oracle, it had come from me. In other words, this knowledge was already in me, the oracle just helped bring it out. In that way, the oracle was no different than, say, an article that I would read, or an anecdote from a friend.

That is why I believe that ANYONE - regardless of his or her beliefs - can get something out of an inquiry with an oracle. Whether you believe that what you are experiencing are divine signs, or whether you are seeing them as interesting promptings to get YOUR creative thinking going --- or anything in between – there is value in seeing the world's information in a different way.

TODAY'S RECIPE

Go HERE to take a look at the Weekly Menu for Week 4. It contains a list of "Do It Yourself" Oracles that you can do at any time, and almost any place. Pick one or two that sound interesting and give them a try!

Material copyrighted by Marney Makridakis of Artella.com. Used with permission by license.

No comments:

Post a Comment